Sucirandhrasana (Eye Of The Needle Pose) is an elegant combination of a gentle hip-opener and an effective hamstring stretch. Also known as the Reverse Pigeon Pose it is commonly used by runners during recovery, to release any strain in the hamstrings and glutes. Typically Eye Of The Needle Pose is practiced at the end of a yoga sequence to cool down the muscles of the hips, legs, and lower back.
This supine pose is a grounding practice and works on the connecting tissues when held longer, hence should be included in Yin Yoga for better flow of energy through the channels, and to activate certain meridians.
Sucirandhrasana is considered a base pose as sucirandhrasana variations can be derived from this pose.Sucirandhrasana is considered a warm-up yoga pose to prepare the body for more intense yoga poses / yoga flows.
- Body Position: Abdominal Up
- Difficulty: Beginners
- Joint Mobility Direction: Longitudinal Stretch
- Poses According To Their Functions: Physical Training
- Poses for Your Legs Flexibility: Poses for Your Hips Flexibility
- Poses By Benefit: Yoga Poses for Back Pain, Yoga Poses for Calmness, Yoga Poses for Sciatica and Nerve Pain, Yoga Poses for Stress
Benefits and Contraindications
Lengthens the hip flexors.
Helps to prepare the body for seated poses(Ex: Padmasana or Lotus posture).
Opens the hips.
Helps to cure the lower back pain.
Stretches the arms, neck, hips, upper back and shoulders.
Helps to calm the mind. Increases the blood circulation to the entire body.
Photo poses in different angles
It’s good to do this pose in the morning with empty stomach.
Do not rush. If you find any pain or discomfort, Ask for the expert’s guidance and the doctor’s advice.
- Chair Pigeon Pose Variation Forward Bend Head Bolster
- Chair Pigeon Pose Variation Forward Bend Foot Bolster
- Chair Pigeon Pose Variation Forward Bend Prayer Hands
- Eye Of Needle Pose Variation At Wall
- Half Reverse Pigeon Pose
- Seated Revolved Figure Four Pose
- Eye Of The Needle Pose Variation Holding Shin
- Seated Glutes Roller
- Sleeping Pigeon Pose Wall
- Seated Hip Roller
- Chair Pigeon Pose
- Wind Release Pose
- Bridge Pose
- Half Wind Release Pose
- Supine Spinal Twist Pose II
- Happy Baby Pose
- Reclined Half Cow Face Pose