Are you experiencing a lack of communication from your side with your peers and losing your creativity day by day? Well, these are the possible signs that you’re suffering from imbalanced throat chakra.
Here we’re going to discuss the best possible ways to cure it and get your inner self back. Let us take you to the fifth chakra and unleash its power to you so that you may feel the change in your life.
The fifth chakra, also known as Vishuddha Chakra, is a Sanskrit word that means purifying the body from hazardous substances. It is called the Throat Chakra because it is located at the base of the throat and in the center of the larynx.
The main key element of this chakra is effective communication. It also represents inspiration and expression. Furthermore, it establishes a solid bridge-like connection between both verbal and body language.
Philosophically, this chakra is associated with truth, clarity, and responsibility. It restores the energy by detoxifying the impurities from the body and mind.
The throat chakra is associated with the blue color. This color yields the energy of purity, soothing, calming, healing, and connecting the person with divinity. The mantra for Vishuddha Chakra is Ham.
Foods that are not favorable for human health and polluted air impede the throat chakra. Whereas health is preserved through the active Vishuddha chakra. Now, before we get into how you can cure imbalanced throat chakra, let’s have a look at some of its common symptoms!
Symptoms of the Unbalanced Throat Chakra
A study by a therapeutic specialist, Diana Malaspina (Ph.D.) from Yoga medicine shows that whenever your throat chakra imbalances, the following might be the symptoms:
- Hesitation in terms of speaking the truth about oneself
- Expressing thoughts would be a tough endeavor for you
- Anxiety would be dominant while interacting and socializing
- No control over your emotions or even refusal to talk
- Dry throat
- Ulcers in the mouth
- Gum infection
- Thyroid diseases
Best Ways to Heal and Balance Your Throat Chakra
The following techniques might help you if you have a blocked or unbalanced throat chakra:
Hit the Yoga Mat
The poses that Malaspina recommends to keep the energy flow balance are:
- Plow pose
- Bridge pose
- Fish pose
- Release of the neck
Focus on Your Breath
Breathing exercises are the sources of vital energy. There is a technique called Lion’s Breath proposed by Malaspina. This enables you to lay lower stress on the chest and throat region.
Certain poses in yoga are beneficial in balancing the energy in each chakra. And for the throat chakra, the healing pose is the releasing of the neck tension.
Here is how you do it:
- Do a good inhale through your nose
- Open both your eyes and mouth wide open at the same time
- Now stick your tongue and “roar” (just like a lion) your breath out.
Doing Neck Stretches Abundantly
Some simple neck stretches can help you to maintain and balance your throat chakra. Furthermore, this would impede the stress to build up in the neck area and its surroundings.
Follow these instructions to do this basic stretching:
- First of all, take a deep breath and relax your body
- Now, drop your chin down and tilt your head to the left while keeping your shoulders relaxed.
- Tilt your head in such a way that your left ear is about to touch the left shoulder. By doing so, you will feel stretched along the right side of your neck. And when you will do it in the opposite direction, you will feel stretched on the left side of your neck. This is how neck stretching works.
- Make sure to hold at one position, either right or left, for at least 30 to 60 seconds.
Excessive Use of Throat Chakra Stones
Every chakra has its own stone. Whereas, for the throat chakra, the blue color stone is compatible, releasing the sign of calmness and soothing. To assist in balance and clearing a clogged throat chakra, you can utilize throat chakra stones in various colors of blue.
It’s entirely up to you in what way you use throat chakra stones. However, some possibilities are:
- Place it on the base of your throat while relaxing
- Add it to your fancy jewelry collection
- Keep in your pocket near to the throat
- Or you can use it in your home decors, too.
Some of the blue chakra throat stones are:
- Amazonite: This bluish-green gem is thought to help people achieve emotional equilibrium and shield them from bad feelings. The stone also soothes the neurological system.
- Turquoise: This is a blue-green opaque gemstone. It aids in the restoration of the expression of your thoughts.
- Aquamarine: The color of this gem ranges from light blue to green-blue. Many believe that it helps to connect with hidden emotions, mental calmness and inspires honesty.
- Lapis lazuli: The bluestone lapis lazuli assists in active communication, self-expression, creativity, and mental clarity.
Do Some Journaling
Doing some journaling is an excellent way of talking to yourself. This would not only help you in communicating but will also increase the thought process. So next time when you will talk to someone, you will not hesitate.
A study published in 2019 found a relationship between personal writing (also known as journaling) and gaining perspective and better understanding. Getting those bottled-up or repressed words out on paper may help you re-open your thought process and subconscious mind.
This way, you will not lose vocabulary while talking to any other person. Moreover, it will also help you in unblocking your throat chakra.
Aligning Your Neck with Your Spine
We can’t emphasize that because it’s a very basic and crucial thing you can focus on. Always make sure that your neck should align your spine to avoid neck strain and hyperextension.
This is equally important if you are a passionate yoga lover and do it regularly. Many poses such as backbend enhance chances of causing stress and strain in your neck, which sometimes can be disturbing.
You’ve probably heard this one a hundred times before. Nevertheless, meditation still is essential for achieving inner peace and tranquility. Also, it could well be the answer to getting your throat chakra back on track.
Furthermore, there are several styles of meditation to select from. For instance, you may choose a mantra (ham) to focus on during your session or simply sit silently and focus on your breathing.
As Sara Raymond has said, co-founder of mindful movement, “Throat chakra is all about expression and communication. As the energy pathway narrows from the heart to throat, the energy is brought up to the higher consciousness and communicates the message from the body.”
Like the other chakras, your throat chakra can become blocked or out of balance (giving new meaning to the phrase “the vibes are off”). When this happens, you may experience certain unpleasant sensations that limit your ability to communicate and express yourself fully.
Follow the above-mentioned ways and effectively heal or cure your imbalanced chakra throat. After that, you are all set to enjoy your life by freely communicating with your loved ones!