Goddess Pose (Rudrasana), also referred to as the Fierce Angle Pose, is an empowering, intermediate standing level pose. The Goddess Pose (Rudrasana) can also be part of yoga sequences intended for hips, the chest as well as groin. The practice of Goddess Pose, when part of a prenatal yoga sequence, helps to widen the uterus and prepare for delivery during pregnancy. Goddess Pose is considered a base pose as goddess pose variations can be derived from this pose. Goddess Pose helps boost energy in the body and hence can be included in flow yoga sequences.
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Joint Mobility Direction: Lateral Stretch
- Poses According To Their Functions: Physical Training
- Strengthening Yoga Poses: Poses For Arms Strengthening, Poses For Body Strengthening, Poses For Legs Strengthening
- Yoga Poses For Your Organs: Poses for Ovaries, Poses for Prostate Gland, Poses for Your Bladder, Poses for Your Kidneys, Poses for Your Pelvis
- Poses for Your Legs Flexibility: Poses for Your Hips Flexibility
- Poses for Your Arms Flexibility: Poses for Your Shoulders Flexibility
- Body Position: Standing Yoga Poses (Head Up)
- Poses By Benefit: Yoga Poses for Back Pain, Yoga Poses for Digestion, Yoga Poses for Energy, Yoga Poses for Menstruation, Yoga Poses for Pregnancy
Benefits and Contraindications
Strengthens the hips, the lower back and the thigh muscles
Widens the uterus before pregnancy and helps during pregnancy.
Helps to broaden the chest and correct postural defects.
Massages the organs in the abdomen, particularly the kidneys, the ovaries, urinary system and the prostate gland.
Enhances the functioning of organs in the thorax and improves respiration.
Energizes the body, relieves stress and gives a general sense of well-being.
Can relieve menstrual pain and cramps
Should be avoided by those suffering from hip, ankle and knee injuries.
Photo poses in different angles
As you practice Rudrasana, be conscious of the feminine energy at work. This energy can be felt throughout your daily life, both as a part of this pose, and also in your alignment of feelings, practices, and mantras everywhere you go.
- Goddess Pose Variation Namaste
- Standing Squat Pose Hands Crossed In Front
- Horse Pose Side Stretch
- Revolved Goddess Pose Chair Block Hand
- Goddess Pose Chair Side Stretch
- Moon Flowers Pose
- Horse Pose Side Stretch Hand On Floor
- Revolved Standing Squat Pose Hands Crossed In Front
- Five Pointed Star Pose
- Five Pointed Star Pose Arms Up
- Warrior Pose II
- Revolved Goddess Pose
- Intense Legs Stretch Pose
- Five Pointed Star Pose