Seated Yoga Seal Pose - Upavistha Yoga Mudra
Seated Yoga Seal Pose or Upavistha Yoga Mudra – is a beginner-level seated yoga pose that provides a great stretch for the spine, shoulders, neck, and arms, promotes good circulation, and tones the core. This pose is also believed to stimulate digestion, relieve stress and anxiety, calm the mind, and improve focus. It is thought that Seated Seal helps to stimulate brain function and strengthen the cardiovascular system.
Also, this pose is believed to activate the third eye chakra, which is associated with wisdom and intution, and the crown chakra for a calm and blissful state of mind. This is a good pose to do when you are feeling scattered and need to find your inner place of calm and peace.
- Difficulty: Beginners
- By Type: Flexibility Yoga Poses, Shoulder Opening Yoga Poses, Strengthening Yoga Poses
- Body Position: Forward Bend Yoga Poses, Seated Yoga Poses
- By Benefit: Yoga Poses For Anxiety And Panic Attack, Yoga Poses For Digestion, Yoga Poses For Neck Pain, Yoga Poses For Stress Relief
Benefits and Contraindications
Tones the core and improves digestion
Stimulates brain function
Relieves stress and calms the mind
Promotes mental focus
Strengthens the cardiovascular system
Stretches the neck and shoulders
Head, neck, back, or shoulder injuries
High blood pressure
Modifications Props and Tips
- If you have tight shoulders, you can use a strap or towel between the hands.
- A bolster or folded blanket can be placed under your head to make it more comfortable to hold the pose.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, beginners can perform Seated Yoga Seal Pose or Upavistha Yoga Mudra. However, it is recommended to practice with a qualified yoga instructor to ensure proper alignment and technique.
Upavistha Yoga Mudra can be practiced by anyone, but it may be challenging for those with tight hamstrings or hips. Modifications and props, such as blocks or blankets, can be used to make the posture more accessible.
Hold the posture for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or longer if comfortable. To release, inhale and come back up to a seated position.
The yoga blanket is an accessory every yogi needs. Whether you’re more experienced or just...
Do yourself a favor and ignore the yoga snobs – using a cork yoga block...
You do not compulsorily need anything more than your body, breath, and a room spacious...
The art of yoga is a special one and those who enjoy practicing on their...
- Standing Yoga Seal Pose
- Standing Wide Legged Forward Fold Pose