Paripurna Navasana (Complete Boat Pose) name comes from the Sanskrit words ‘Paripurna’ meaning ‘entire or full’, and ‘Nava’ meaning ‘boat’. The body in this pose resembles a boat and hence the name. The body in this pose is entirely balanced on the sit bone or the buttocks. The body also looks like the letter ‘V’, while seated on the sit bones. The arms and the legs are balanced in the air using the core strength. As simple as this yoga pose may look, it requires tremendous abdominal strength and great focus on the balance to get this pose right to reap all its benefits.
Complete Boat Pose is considered a base pose as complete boat pose variations can be derived from this pose.Complete Boat Pose helps boost energy in the body and hence can be included in flow yoga sequences.
- Body Position: Abdominal Up
- Physical Training: Balancing Yoga Poses, Strengthening Yoga Poses
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Poses According To Their Functions: Physical Training
- Strengthening Yoga Poses: Poses For Arms Strengthening, Poses For Body Strengthening, Poses For Legs Strengthening, Poses For Neck Strengthening
- Yoga Poses For Your Organs: Poses for Your Kidneys
- Poses By Benefit: Yoga Poses for Digestion, Yoga Poses for Stress
Benefits and Contraindications
Strengthens the abdomen, hip flexors, and spine
Stimulates the kidneys, thyroid and prostate glands, and intestines
Helps relieve stress
Low blood pressure
Neck injury: Sit with your back near a wall to perform this pose. As you tilt your torso back rest the back of your head on the wall.
Photo poses in different angles
To draw your lower belly in and up, imagine zipping up a tight pair of jeans then closing the button
You can keep your hands behind the knees instead of bringing your arms parallel.
Try placing a block between your thighs to engage the inner thighs.
For the full Boat Pose you can start with a strap around the soles of your feet to help straighten your legs. You can also hold the pose for longer with this support.
- Boat Pose Variation On Chair
- Boat Pose Feet Back Shoulders Staff Pose Partner
- Easy Boat Pose Forearms
- Complete Boat Pose Variation Heels On Wall
- Boat Pose Aerial Variation
- Boat Pose Variation Back Rounded
- Boat Pose Variation Feet On Floor Knees Bent
- Double Boat Pose A
- Boat Pose With Strap
- Staff Pose
- Boat Pose Variation I
- Garland Pose
- Boat Pose
- Half Boat Pose Arms Forward
- Bound Angle Pose