Womb Staff Pose - Yoni Dandasana A
Womb Staff Pose, also known as Yoni Dandasana A, is a yoga posture that strengthens the pelvic floor, tones the uterus, and stimulates the reproductive organs.
Yoni Dandasana requires flexibility and mobility of hips, ankles and feet. This asana can stretch knees, ankles and can open hips and thighs.
It’s important to engage your pelvic floor muscles while performing this pose, but avoid tensing your buttocks or thighs.
- By Type: Flexibility Yoga Poses, Hip Opening Yoga Poses, Strengthening Yoga Poses
- Difficulty: Intermediate
- Body Position: Seated Yoga Poses
- By Benefit: Yoga Poses For Digestion
Benefits and Contraindications
Helps with digestion
Tones the uterus
Stimulates reproductive organs
Strengthens the pelvic floor muscles
Recent abdominal surgery
Pregnancy and Menstruation
Modifications and Props for Beginners
- Use a folded blanket or cushion under your hips to lift them up if you have tight hips or hamstrings.
- Place a block or blanket under your knees if you feel any discomfort or pain in your knees.
- If you have difficulty keeping your back straight, sit against a wall or use a strap to support your spine.
- If you find it hard to keep your legs straight, bend your knees slightly or practice with your legs apart.
- Remember to listen to your body and only practice within your own limits.
- If you experience any pain or discomfort, modify the pose or come out of it altogether.
- With regular practice, you can gradually increase your flexibility and strength.
Frequently Asked Questions
People who have a history of pelvic pain or pelvic floor dysfunction should avoid this pose. Pregnant women should also avoid this pose, especially in the later stages of pregnancy.
Yoni Dandasana can be a challenging pose for beginners as it requires flexibility in the hips, thighs, and lower back. However, you can always modify the pose with props or leg position. We recommend starting with more accessible poses and practicing them first increasing the difficulty. After some time of practice, you will come to Yoni Dandasana.
Remember yoga is not about poses but about the state they give you while practicing. The practice of yoga was called to unite people with their inner selves. Thus, it’s not necessary to practice the most difficult poses to reach those goals set by yoga.
Do yourself a favor and ignore the yoga snobs – using a cork yoga block...
The yoga blanket is an accessory every yogi needs. Whether you’re more experienced or just...
You do not compulsorily need anything more than your body, breath, and a room spacious...
Leggings are, without a doubt, the best article of clothing for practicing yoga. Ideally, they...
- Womb Staff Pose with Forward Bend
- Womb Staff Pose with Twist
- Womb Staff Pose with Leg Stretch
- Womb Staff Pose with Shoulder Opener